Clear view, clear mind and a pure soul are most important in life. I want to be mature, independent both spiritually, and socially so that I can face my Jesus in the last day and would not regret that I have not kept my faith, walked my talk and used my God-given skills fully for Him.
Friday, September 3, 2010
"The Universe can create itself from nothing." Says Professor Hawking
Stephen Hawking:
"God did not create the Universe, no need to invoke God to set the Universe going."
"The Universe can create itself from nothing," says Prof Hawking "There is no place for God in theories on the creation of the Universe."Professor Stephen Hawking has said.
He had previously argued belief in a creator was not incompatible with science but in a new book, he concludes the Big Bang was an inevitable consequence of the laws of physics.
The Grand Design, part serialised in the Times, says there is no need to invoke God to set the Universe going.
"Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something," he concluded.
He adds: "Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing.
"Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist.
"It is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper and set the universe going."
My response:
1. The mention of God assumes that there is God. There is no logic for that very first statement above. If Hawking is who he is, he should not have said that. It was Times.
2. Where did the law of gravity come from? Chance?
3. Hawking - is he a god? Is whatever he said = truth? The greatest physicist on earth can only be an objective observer. Though I am no great physicist, I do not venture into faith with physics, I observe but do not make proclamations like Hawking because I do not hold the truth nor does he. Those of us who worship Hawking, follow him. I want to stay as an observer and believer of at least that which created "the law of gravity" as suggested by Hawking, if he is correct.
4. Faith is way beyond physics. A true physicist do not do this. Hawking is out of his mind. Physicists only explore what he can see and if he project in faith from what he knows and can prove, he ventures out of his expertise. Faith is in the realm of religion, not physics, if it takes faith, it is not science. If it takes faith, which Hawkings used to believe in the law of gravity, he contradicts himself in proclaiming that there is no place for God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment